The other day I was going through the cupboards trying to find something to satisfy my sweet tooth. I wanted to make something for dessert that was quick and easy, but something that my family would enjoy. I found a box of Jello strawberry cream pudding.
I have made a few other desserts using pudding, and I like the fact that it is so versatile. I had also bought some strawberries earlier in the day so I thought, why not make a cute little dessert that would have a Valentine’s Day theme? So I give you my simple Valentine’s Day dessert!
I think it is a great Valentine’s Day dessert to make with your kids, or a simple, yummy dessert to make for your hubby on Valentine’s Day. I know my husband liked it!!
*The following directions are for if you are using 2 relatively large dessert dishes. If using smaller dishes, use a smaller amount of pudding.
1) You simply make the pudding according to the package directions. Let it set, then pour a 4th of it into a dessert dish (I like using my water goblets, they have the same effect).
2) Then you can either put whipped cream (homemade or store bought, it doesn’t matter) or cool whip on the next layer.
3) Cut up some strawberries in verticle slices (they should look like little Vs) and layer them on top of the whipped cream/cool whip.
4) Put another 4th of the pudding on top of the strawberries.
5) Top with a dollop of whipped cream/cool whip and garnish with a strawberry slice.
How do you make the strawberry look like a heart you ask? Very simple. Take a larger piece of sliced strawberry (it should already look like a V) and then use kitchen scissors to round out the tops.
Once I figured out that the strawberries ressembled hearts I wondered what other cute Valentine’s Day desserts I could make? I bet this same recipe would be even tastier with some chocolate mixed in. Strawberries and chocolate…Is there any better taste combination?!
What I liked about it was how amazingly easy it was to put together and yet it came out so pretty and seems like a Valentine’s Day dessert to me!
What desserts do you like for Valentine’s Day?
Please send me some recommendations/comments about desserts you like. I would love to try them out!